There may be an instance where your Bumble app shows a green notification that says your Bumble is offline. Why does this happen?
Bumble goes offline when it loses its internet or phone connection. If the phone can’t connect to the Bumble servers, it will place you offline.
In this article, we will show you why Bumble goes offline and what you can do to fix it.
- Find matches instantly
- Match with others who want to hook up
- Stay private & anonymous
Why Your Bumble Dating App Goes Offline
Bumble works by using your geo-location and displaying users in the criteria that you set. Bumble takes into account your age and your distance when finding users to match you with.
If Bumble cannot connect to its servers, it will give you a message that Bumble is offline and it’s working to connect. This means that Bumble is not able to show you any other profiles in your area.
As we stated earlier, Bumble goes offline if the phone can’t connect to the Bumble servers. If you’re experiencing this issue, it’s most likely because your internet connection is not working properly or your phone is out of service.
Bumble is attempting to connect to its servers.
Bumble shows a notification that the app is offline and that it’s attempting to connect. If your Bumble app shows the green message, you’re most likely experiencing an internet connection issue.
What Does It Mean When It Goes Offline
When your phone goes offline, it means that Bumble is unable to load any of your messages or profiles. This means the app is completely unusable.
Your phone must be online to contact Bumble servers and stay in constant connection as it’s sending information back and forth.
Fixing Offline Issues In Bumble
If your phone has been plagued by this issue, try turning off your wi-fi connection or going into airplane mode and then turning it back on. This will usually fix the problem.
You can also fix this issue by:
- Rebooting your phone. Your phone may be going through some issues internally that are causing it not to connect properly with the Bumble servers. This issue could be software or hardware related, but rebooting your phone will allow you to start fresh and see if the problem still exists. Restarting your phone will force it to refresh all of its apps and close them down if they’re stuck in an open state.
- Finding reliable phone service. If you’re outside of a place that has reliable wifi, try to find somewhere with reliable cell service. If Bumble is not able to connect to its servers, it’s not going to be able to locate and download other user’s profiles.
- Find reliable Wifi. If you’re connected to wifi and your phone is not able to connect to Bumble, there’s a good chance the issue is with your wifi. By simply unplugging your router and plugging it back in, you can eliminate these issues that you may be having.
After you’ve gone through the steps above, reboot your phone and reopen Bumble.
Once you reboot your phone, your app will take some time to connect back to Bumble’s servers. Once you see that your phone has reconnected with their servers, you’ll see the green notification that states that Bumble is now online. Your profile’s location will also start updating, and you’ll be able to swipe on new profiles again. If this doesn’t work, try restarting your android or IOS device completely and then opening up Bumble again.
If your phone continues to go offline, we recommend contacting Bumble directly and talking with their support about why your phone keeps going offline.
Your device needs to be up to date for Bumble to function properly, especially concerning the geo-location technology used by Bumble.
How To Know When Bumble Is Back Online
When your Bumble app has reconnected back to the Bumble servers, you will get a green notification letting you know that you’re back online.
This will often appear at the top of the screen, taking up the entire top half. When Bumble gives you the notification that you’re back online, you can then resume your normal swiping and chatting activity.
Thankfully, if you have the latest version of the Bumble app, it will let you know that you’re offline, and it will give you details about why. If this happens and it’s not because your phone doesn’t have service or internet access, we recommend contacting [email protected] so they can investigate any possible issues that are happening with the app itself.
Find Exactly What You’re Looking For
Stop wasting time on dating apps hoping to find the right person. Ashley Madison & eHarmony have exactly what you need.
- Find The Person That Wants What You Want
- Instantly Improve Your Dating Experience
- Get More Matches & Quality Conversation To Get What You Ultimately Want
If you’re experiencing any issues with your Bumble app, there is a good chance that you could be having issues with your internet connection. If your internet is not working properly, it could be causing problems for the Bumble app.
We hope this article helped you in fixing whatever was causing your issue.